As a leader we meet at 8:45am each sunday during term time and have a planning meeting at the first friday of each term. If you can't make it or are not feeling up to doing a segment contact Ben (0403 025 863) or Mathea (0423 501 615).
As Christian leaders we want to be personal (learn names, sit with kids etc.), be energetic, and always be safe. 😊
1. Day Co-ordinator [2 min]
- Through the week check everyone is ready / organised
- Stand up front and welcome Kids to sit as they walk in the Hall
- opt. Ask what people got up to on Saturday [e.g. watched a movie, played soccer, had a party]
- opt. Play a game [e.g. Simon says, Bullrush, Mr Wolf, Celebrity Heads, Hangman, Ninja/Stomp, Silent Ball, Musical Chairs, Tip]
- opt. Tell a interesting story or some jokes
- opt. Ask if anyone had a birthday that week
- opt. "Welcome to Kids Church" and get everyone to Cheer
2. Song [3 min]
- In the week try Learn Lyrics and Actions [click here]
- Stand up front, introduce song and sing (with actions if you know them)
- opt. Pick a new song [e.g. Colin Buchanan, Quizworx, Hillsong Kids, Ben Bacula]
- opt. Explain meaning of lyrics or actions
- opt. Play Music [e.g. Emma on Piano, Ben on Drums]
3. Memory Verse [5 min]
- Help kids memorise the current memory verse
- Find a creative way [e.g. puzzle, pass the parcel, crossword, word scramble, chant off, hidden words around room, relay, buzz off]
- opt. kids understand meaning and context of memory verse [usually related to terms topic]
5. Bible Story [10min]
- Understand Passage trying to find one 'main point' relating to Jesus
- Simply explain story for the kids [e.g. Read Kids Bible, Drama, Drawing, Puppet Show, Colouring in, Craft]
- If you have projector slides let Ben know the day before
6. Prayer [2 min]
- Do a short prayer yourself or pick a few volunteers or even get everyone in a circle to do a short prayer.
- Teaspoon Prayer (Thanks, Sorry, Please) could use clinkers or dice to decide which one the kids prayer for.
- Pray the Newspaper (e.g. War Article = Prayer for War etc.)
- Bible about Prayer [e.g. Lords Prayer, Psa 145:18, Pro 15:29, Mat 7:11, Luk 18:1, Phi 4:6, Col 4:2, 1 Thes 5:17, 1 Tim 2:8]
7. Small Groups [10 min]
- Try know a bit about the passage
- Spend time learning kids names and interests
- Discuss the Passage, Written Questions or any Christian topics if the kids bring them up!
8. Craft or Games [10 min]
- Organise simple craft or games for kids
- Prepare any equipment or materials needed (check the kids cupboard the week before - there's heaps!)
- Simply explain instructions and talk to kids whilst completing actives.
- Craft [e.g. Colour In, Paddle Pop Stick Characters, Memory Verse Bookmarks]
- Stand up front and explain simple instructions
- Pick an easy game for all ages and one that doesn't doesn't hype kids too much
- Session Games [e.g. Tree Surfboard Toilet, Murder Wink, Heads Down Thumbs Up, Heads & Tails]
- Big Games [e.g. Captain's Coming, Bull Rush, Chair Netball, Soccer, Stuck n the Mud, Tip, Fresher]
If you are going to be away or have any questions let us know and we'll sort it out!
If you have any ideas or segments that worked well fill out the form below and we'll add it to the examples! :)