Our vision: For the glory of Jesus, we build up each other and we reach out to the world, through the God's word and prayer.
As kids leaders we want to be committed to serving Jesus and our kids, by being there each week and always leading in a safe way.
9AM Kids Church Leaders meet from 10:20 - 11:30am each sunday during school term.
If you can't make it or are not feeling up to doing a segment please message Ben (0403 025 863) or Ash (0423 501 615).
10:45AM Kids Church Leaders meet from 10:45 - 12:15pm each sunday during school term.
If you can't make it or are not feeling up to doing a segment please message Heather (0412 983 073).
All kids teams have a training night for the whole team on the first friday of each term.
For those in Years 9 - 12 we are also going from October 2-6th, 2018 to Leaders in Training at Deer Park!
- Early in the week check everyone is feeling comfortable for their role / ask if they would like help
- Text out the team so everyone is on board with how kids church will run.
- Outline the morning in the brief and have time to pray
- Stand up front to welcome / settle kids as they walk into kids church
- opt. Ask what people got up to on Saturday [e.g. watched a movie, played soccer, had a party]
- opt. Ask if anyone had a birthday that week
- opt. Play a short game [e.g. Simon says, Bullrush, Mr Wolf, Celebrity Heads, Hangman, Ninja/Stomp, Silent Ball, Musical Chairs, Tip]
- opt. Tell a jokes
Song [5 min]
- Typically you stick with the song designated on the roster
- In the week try learn the lyrics and actions
- Stand up front, introduce song and help lead the kids as they sing (with actions if you know them)
- opt. Suggest a new song [e.g. Colin Buchanan, Quizworx, Hillsong Kids, Ben Bacula]
- opt. Explain meaning of lyrics or actions
- opt. Play Music [e.g. Emma on Piano, Ben on Drums]
Memory Verse [5 min]
- Familiarise yourself with the current passage (Check the roster if your not sure!)
- Design a creative way to reinforce verse [e.g. puzzle, pass the parcel, crossword, word scramble, chant off, words around room, relay, buzz off, accents]
- Stand up front, introduce and lead memory verse segment
- opt. Help kids understand meaning and context of memory verse [usually related to terms topic]
Bible Story [5 min]
- Dig into passage to find one main point that summarises the text
- Design the talk in an engaging way
- Lead the teaching segment of the bible story
- Bring in USB with any slides for the projector (and ideally let Ben know the day before!)
Prayer [3 min]
- Design a way help the kids learn about prayer
- Lead the prayer segment
- opt. Model a prayer yourself
- opt. Get everyone into circles to do one sentence prayers
- opt. Get a few volunteers to read out or create their own sensible prayers
- opt. Teaspoon Prayer (Thanks, Sorry, Please) could use clinkers or dice to decide which one the kids prayer for.
- opt. Pray the Newspaper (e.g. War Article = Prayer for War etc.)
- opt. Explain Prayer from Bible [e.g. Lords Prayer, Psa 145:18, Pro 15:29, Mat 7:11, Luk 18:1, Phi 4:6, Col 4:2, 1 Thes 5:17, 1 Tim 2:8]
Small Groups [20 min]
- Dig into the passage
- Design a method of explaining this for your kids learning style
- Spend time learning kids names and interests (relationships are so valuable)
- Set expectations of behaviour (one person speaks at time, always follow instructions etc.)
- Help reinforce the teaching of the passage & help the kids gain confidence in praying
- opt. Use snake and ladders as tool to help kids answer. One turn per correct answer.
- opt. Use written questions that the kids need to write an answer.
- opt. Ask the kids to summarise the talk in one sentence
- opt. Get the kids to draw the passage.
Craft or Games [10 min]
- Organise simple craft or games for kids
- Pick an easy game for all ages and one that doesn't doesn't hype kids too much
- opt. Session Games [e.g. Tree Surfboard Toilet, Murder Wink, Heads Down Thumbs Up, Heads & Tails]
- opt. Big Games [e.g. Captain's Coming, Bull Rush, Chair Netball, Soccer, Stuck n the Mud, Tip, Fresher]
- Prepare any equipment or materials needed (check the kids cupboard the week before - there's heaps!)
- opt. Craft [e.g. Colour In, Paddle Pop Stick Characters, Memory Verse Bookmarks]
- Simply explain instructions
- Make sure all kids feel engaged and safe throughout the activity
If you are going to be away or have any questions let us know and we'll sort it out!
If you have any ideas or segments that worked well fill out the form below and we'll add it to the examples! :)