We're very excited to have Ian and Megan Morrison joining us very soon, with their children Jade, Timothy and Luke.
- Ian was our student minister 6 years ago. He grew up in Blakehurst, studied at Moore Theological College, and has most recently been the Kids Minister at Dapto Anglican Church.
- Ian has been doing an excellent work at Dapto. See Ian's Facebook page for Kids Ministry.
- Ian loves discipling leaders, and in his spare time, enjoys cycling (they have quite a few bikes in their garage!)
- The Morrisons will be moving into our Heathcote house the week before Christmas, and then officially joining us on Jan 1.
· What have you been doing at Dapto Anglican?
I have been coordinating and overseeing & training leaders for the Dapto children's ministries: Scripture in 5 schools; boys and girls groups on Thursdays; mixed group on Fridays; preschool and primary school groups on Sundays; a program in Koonawarra Public School on Tuesday afternoons; holiday programs; Play-patch Playgroup; pupil free day programs and also a termly afternoon in 3 of the primary schools. Plus I look after the young families at the 10am congregation & preach occasionally across the day.
· What are you excited about in 2018?
Lots! Looking forward to serving the Kids at church and their families, and encouraging and equipping young leaders to live lives where they speak about Jesus, to whoever they meet, especially children. We are looking forward to starting back with many relationships we fondly remember from 6 years ago (when we were at Engadine as student ministers), as well as getting to know many new people from church.
· What are you apprehensive about?
Saying goodbye to lots of relationships in Dapto. Change for the kids. Jade will be starting a new school going into Year 1. Jade has had an amazing year at Illawarra Christian School. Her teacher has been wonderful and she has made lots of friends. We hope the transition will be a good one for her. We also have to change quite a few of her therapists.... so please pray that would go smoothly.